OverviewThe Commerce Vision CMS features new layout templates, widgets, and web-based product and category maintenance for sites using Best Practice Design (BPD). It also links to all of the legacy administration pages, such as Settings, Menu Editor, and Preferences.
User maintenance in the CMS is split between 2 groups: Website users & CMS users. This article will guide you through creating a new CMS user for your website.
- In the CMS, navigate to Users → CMS Users.
- Click Add New User.
- Populate all required fields, ensuring the User Name does not contain spaces or special characters.
- The Organisation ID field should be pre-filled with your organisation name. There is no need to edit.
- Click Add New Site and select the website from the Site Name drop-down list.
- If the user will require access to multiple sites (e.g. Live and Stage), repeat this step.
- Click Save & Exit.
- Click either the confirmation message or the 'Manage Roles' button to configure the user's CMS roles.
- Tick 'Administrator' and any other applicable roles, and click Save.