If your website operates in more than one country, what currency purchases are transacted in can be confusing for online buyers. If your website offers different currencies based on customer login, we’ve made it easier for your buyers to know exactly what currency the products are displayed in.
How does it work?
When a buyer logs into a site that transacts in the same currency as the country in which the consumer resides, the system will not display a currency message. For example:
1. A customer, whose customer code is registered in Australia, logs in to an Australian hosted website to purchase goods. The website and the customer are both in Australia so the transactions will occur in Australian dollars. The system will not display a currency message.
2. When a customer whose customer code is registered in a non-Australian country logs into the website, the system will recognise that their currency is different to the site's default currency. It will display a relevant currency message: 'Prices are displayed in EUR'.
The customer can be confident that the displayed product prices are what they will pay at the checkout, and they won’t get any currency conversion surprises when they see their credit card or bank statement.
- In the CMS, navigate to Content → Pages & Templates
- Select Theme Layout
- Click Edit next to Theme Layout
- Find the zone where you want to place the Currency widget. For example, the TopBar zone next to the cart, and click
- In the Search for widgets field, type 'Display Customer Currency'.
- Highlight it in the search results and click widget configuration window. (See Display Customer Currency Widget help for further details.)The system will pop-up the Display Customer Currency - Display Customer Currency Code
- In Displayed Text, enter the message informing the customer of the currency in which they are transacting.
- In Default Local Currency, enter the default currency for your site.
- Click Save. The Display Customer Currency Widget now displays in the top bar menu. If you want the currency message to display somewhere else in the theme layout, drag the widget to a different location.
13. Check out the message on your website. If Page Preview is used, click thebutton first.
Now, when a customer logs into your site with a different currency code to your site's default, they will see the PRICES ARE DISPLAYED IN CURRENCY message at the top of the page near the cart (or wherever you placed it it your theme layout).
The Display Currency Widget can be added in other templates as well. For instance, you may want to display the message in the Cart Summary.
If you'd like to take advantage of this currency display feature for your site, please consult with Commerce Vision.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
Displays only when a customer with a different default currency transacts on your site.
|Ballpark Hours From CV (if opting for CV to complete self config component)|
Contact Commerce Vision
|Ballpark Hours From CV (in addition to any self config required)|
Contact Commerce Vision
|Third Party Costs|