Display Customer’s Customer's Currency
If your website operates in more than one country, what currency purchases are transacted in can be confusing for online buyers. We’ve If your website offers different currencies based on customer login, we’ve made it easier for your buyers to know exactly what currency the products are displayed in.
How does it work?
When a buyer logs into a site that transacts in the same currency as the country in which the consumer resides, the system will not display a currency message. For example:
The customer can be confident that the displayed product prices are what they will pay at the checkout, and they won’t get any currency conversion surprises when they see their credit card or bank statement.
- In the CMS, navigate to Content → Pages & Templates
- Select Theme Layout
- Click Edit next to Theme Layout
- Find the zone where you want to place the Currency widget. For example, the TopBar zone next to the cart, and click
- In the Search for widgets field, type 'Display Customer Currency'.
- Highlight it in the search results and click Display Customer Currency - Display Customer Currency Code widget configuration window. (See Display Customer Currency Widget help for further details.) The system will pop-up the
- In Displayed Text, enter the message informing the customer of the currency in which they are transacting.
- In Default Local Currency, enter the default currency for your site.
- Click Save. The Display Customer Currency Widget now displays in the top bar menu. If you want the currency message to display somewhere else in the theme layout, drag the widget to a different location.
The Display Currency Widget can be added in other templates as well. For instance, you may want to display the message in the Cart Summary.
If you'd like to take advantage of this currency display feature for your site, please consult with Commerce Vision.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|MultiExcerptName||Minimum Version Requirements|
Displays only when a customer with a different default currency transacts on your site.
|Ballpark Hours From CV (if opting for CV to complete self config component)|
|MultiExcerptName||Ballpark Hours From CV (if opting for CV to complete self config component)|
Contact Commerce Vision
|Ballpark Hours From CV (in addition to any self config required)|
|MultiExcerptName||Ballpark Hours From CV (in addition to any self config required)|
Contact Commerce Vision
|Third Party Costs|
|MultiExcerptName||Third Party Costs|
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "layout" and type = "page" and space = "KB" and title ~ "theme layout"|
|MultiExcerptName||Features List Headers|
Macro Instructions for carrying Article Information through to Feature List
(Written for our customers and can be pasted into comms sent to them)
(if opting for CV to complete self config component)
(in addition to any self config required)
Third Party Costs
Instructions for carrying Excerpts through from this page to the Feature List
Add macro / Multiexcerpt (or copy and existing excerpt and edit) or (Copy existing page and place content into existing excerpt macros)
On Features List page:
Click in the Cell to be populated / add macro / Multiexcerpt Include / Select the Article page and the excerpt (or copy another feature line and edit the 'Article page' source.