The Outstanding Tasks Display widget allows you to display a quick indicator for your B2B users. At a glance, they can see how many orders are on hold, require approval, or are awaiting payment.
This guide will walk you through the implementation of the widget for your own site.
|Dashboard menu||Dashboard tiles|
1. Add the Widget
- In the CMS, navigate to Content → Theme Layout.
- In the Zone: TopBar, click Add Widget.
- Search for and select the Outstanding Tasks Display widget, and click Add widget.
- Edit the newly added widget.
- Tick the options you wish to show counters for, based on the functionality your site uses:
- Orders awaiting payment
- Orders on hold
- Orders requiring approval
- Orders requiring receipting
- Update the refresh interval if you don't wish to use the default (which is every 5 minutes).
2. Add HTML to Menu Labels
- Still in the CMS, navigate to Advanced Content → Menu Editor.
- Select the B2B menu you wish to edit, and click Parent Items.
- Select the 'THEME_BPDTHEME01_Dashboard' item and click Menu Items.
- In line with the widget options you enabled earlier, select a page that requires a counter and click Modify. (We'll do Orders On Hold for this example.)
- Update the Label for Navigation Pane field by appending the text with the following HTML: <span class="menu-item-count orders-on-hold-count"></span>
- Click OK to save.
- Repeat for other pages as required:
- Orders Awaiting Payment - <span class="menu-item-count orders-awaiting-payment-count"></span>
- Orders On Hold - <span class="menu-item-count orders-on-hold-count"></span>
- Orders Requiring Approval - <span class="menu-item-count orders-requiring-approval-count"></span>
- Orders Requiring Receipting - <span class="menu-item-count orders-requiring-receipting-count"></span>
- Navigate to Settings → Cache Management, and click 'Clear Cache' to reset the Dictionary.
Now you can login as a B2B user and see a handy counter in the Dashboard dropdown and page tiles!
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Ballpark Hours From CV (if opting for CV to complete self config component)|
Contact CV Support
|Ballpark Hours From CV (in addition to any self config required)|
|Third Party Costs|