You can access all pages in the CMS via the navigation menu. This is located on the left side of the CMS screen. Out-of-the-box, there are standard pages available on all sites. NOTE - What menu items a CMS user can see also depends on the features enabled on the site and the Role(s) set against their User Name.
For some functions, sites may require access to non-standard pages. For example, certain team members may need to frequently use a web page usually available once logged into your website. Or your site has an added custom feature that is maintained through a non-standard page.
This guide will show you how to add a page (called a 'resource') to the CMS. Be aware the the page you add to the CMS menu has to first exist as a menu item on the CSSADMIN menu. Otherwise it will not appear in the CMS.
Before you begin, decide where on the CMS Navigation Menu you want the page link added...
The standard CMS Navigation Menu has three levels for organisation. The highest level contains three group menus: 'E-Commerce', 'Content' and 'Settings'. Each group menu has several top level menus under it. Top-level menu items are fly out menus. This means when selected, a top level menu will expand to display its menu items. Menu items are page links. For example, to access the 'Roles' page, you navigate to the 'E-Commerce' group, click the fly out menu item 'Users ', then click 'Roles'.
You can add a page link to a top level menu of one of the three groups 'Ecommerce', 'Content' and 'Settings'. But if none of these are suitable, you can add a separate top level menu called 'Other'. By default, this displays under the 'Settings' group.
To add a page to a CMS group menu:
- In the CMS, navigate to Advanced Content → Resources.
- In Resource Maintenance, search for the resource rcCssAdminPageAdditions.
- Click on rcCssAdminPageAdditions.
- To edit the resource, click Modify.
- In Resource Value, add the page name. Each resource value must be comma-separated. This means if there are existing values, add a comma before you enter the new one.
How you add the resource value depends on where you want the page link to appear:
- Under a standard existing group: Group|Top level menu item| menu item label|page name
Under the Others menu: menu item label|page name
NOTE - 'Others' will automatically appear as a top level menu.
We want to add the User Imports page 'zUserImport.aspx?mode=admin''
(1) Adding to an existing group:
We want to add 'User Imports' to the Users menu.
Add to top level menu 'Users' in the 'Ecommerce' group . Since there is an existing resource value, first, we add a comma, then 'ECommerce|Users|User Imports|zUserImport.aspx?mode=admin'
(2) Adding to the 'Others' menu
Since there is an existing resource value, first, we add add a comma, then 'User Imports|zUserImport.aspx?mode=admin'
- To save the changes, click OK.
- Refresh the Dictionary for 'System Control'. (For a guide on refreshing the dictionary, see Cache Refreshing.)
- The page will now appear in the CMS navigation menu. TIP- If the page link does not appear, check that the page exists as a menu item on your website menu.