OverviewBPD websites come equipped with a clean, well-organised article layout right out of the box. But what if you've got additional content to display in your articles? Or what if you'd prefer a customised page layout, completely unique to your site?
That's where the zoned layout option comes in! By using a zoned article layout, you can present your article in the layout of your choice, with content arranged as you please.
|User-defined zoned layout||Non-zoned (default) layout|
If the 'Use Zoned Article Template' is disabled in Article Feature Settings, then this default non-zoned layout is automatically used.
If you want to completely customise a template for each individual article, see the guide on Article Template Override.
This guide will outline how to enable zoned article template for use and create customised zoned layouts for article content.
1. Enable Zoned Article Template Layout
- Navigate to Settings → Feature Management → Content.
- Ensure Articles is toggled on, then click Configure.
- In the Article Feature Settings screen, toggle on Use Zoned Article Template.
- Click Save & Exit.
2. Customise the Article Page Zoned template
- Navigate to Content → Pages & Templates → Articles.
- Click Edit for the Article Page Zoned template.
- The default widgets will be present in the template (Article Title, Article Image, Article Date, to name a few). Edit the options for existing widgets if required.
- To change the entire layout of the article page, click Change in the layout preview panel.
- Select another layout or follow our Layout Creator guide for instructions on how to create your own custom article layout. In this example, a built-in content layout was selected.
Drag and drop widgets to re-order them or move into different page zones, or add and delete widgets as needed.
Want to add more content?
If you want to add additional content, you can insert an HTML Snippet Widget into the appropriate page. For instance, you can add a company logo or chat icon in the corner of every news article.
- Once you are finished, load the Article page in another browser or incognito window to see your changes.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Third Party Costs|