Here's how to use Product Document Import.
Prepare your CSV file
- If your document file(s) haven't already been uploaded to the CMS, do this first. To check the settings and document file types, see: Product Documents.
Go to File Manager, select the Documents folder and go to the correct sub-folder. Click Upload, browse to your document(s) or video(s) and click Upload.
- Next, get your CSV file ready. You can download an example template on the import page, or use this one - product-document-example.csv.
- Check the CSV file has 5 columns:
Column A - ProductCode: Product code a document/video is for in this import.
Column B - Label: Text the user clicks to open the document/video. Example: "Size guide"
Column C - Path: Path to document on website. Use folder path + file name. Example: "/Documents/Size-Guide-Womens.pdf". For a video, just enter the Video ID, e.g., 3kN8n-ZavKg
Column D - Tag: (optional) Words you want to associate with this product and document combination. Tags can be used as a filtering device in the Product Documents Widget on the product page.
Column E- Type: File type: document, Vimeo or YouTube.
If you have more than one tag for a product document, separate each one with a comma. Example: shirts, womens
- Save your file in .csv format.
- In the CMS, go to Products & Categories → Product Document & Video Import.
- In Default Media Type, enter the default media type for this download. If no 'Type' is entered for a product in the CSV file, this default is used.
If tags are used, in the Default Tag dropdown, select an existing tag to use for this import.
If you do not choose a default, you'll need to make sure the 'Tag' column is populated for every item on your spreadsheet.
Select the Import Type you're after:
Append - Adds documents to the products on the CSV file, but does not affect existing product docs IMPORTANT- Make sure there are no duplicate lines in the CSV file or that the product does not already have this file as this will result in duplicate document links in the product's page.
Overwrite - Replaces existing documents on products in the file with the new documents specified. It will only do this where the tag on the existing document matches what is on your CSV file (or the default tag if none is specified on the spreadsheet). NOTE - Duplicate lines will be skipped and noted in the Import Log. We will not cancel the import.
Delete - Removes all existing specified documents. Here you can choose to delete by tag (where there is a match), or by file path (where there is a match)
- Click 'Select files' to browse to your saved CSV. Once you select the file, the import will begin automatically.
- When complete, the Import Log shows the results of your import, including any errors.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Third Party Costs|