Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificates are generally procured during a website's implementation phase, but they are subject to expiry and require regular renewal.
If your site's SSL Certificate is approaching expiration, you will need to commence the renewal process.
To Renew a site's SSL Certificate:
- Contact Commerce Vision to request a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Provide the following information in support of the CSR:
- Company Name (CN)
- Organisation Unit (OU)
- Common Name (CN)
- Country (C)
- State or Province (S)
- City or Locality (L)
- Receive the CSR from Commerce Vision.
- Login to the Certificate provider's website (with the credentials used during original registration).
- Follow the provider's steps to renew the SSL Certificate.
Forward the renewed Certificate to Commerce Vision.
Company Name (O):
Company Name / Organisation - this is the name of your company
Organisation Unit (OU):
The Organisation Unit within your company
Common Name (CN):
Primary Domain Name (Common Name) - this is the fully qualified domain name
State or Province (S):
State / County / Region
City or Locality (L):
City / Locality
Some SSL Certificate providers offer an 'auto-renewal' option for interested customers.