- Your site must be running version 4.04 or higher
- The child (variant) product
- needs an image loaded against it.
- can't also be a master product.
- can't be a child to more than one master - this feature works for one-to-one relationships only.
Your master products can be automatically updated with their child images and tagged for image switching.
This means that when you add a child product to a master in the CMS, all child product images will be copied across with the correct tags.
1. Enable Update Master Products with Child Images
Administrators can enable/disable this functionality in the Product Variant Settings page in the CMS.
- Go to Settings → Settings → Feature Management → Product Variants.
- Click Configure.
- Enable the setting Update Master Products With Child Images.
2. Add Child Product to Master
Ensure Step 1 - 'Update Master Products With Child Images' is enabled.
Removing Child Product images
If you remove a Child Product from a Master Product, the existing Child Product's images need to be manually deleted.
- Go to Products & Categories → Product Maintenance.
- Use Search to find the Master product.
- Click Edit for a Master product.
- Add one child product or more to the master product.
TIP - Ensure that each child product has at least one image against it. All child images will be copied across to the master.
- Once you've added all required child products, click Save.
- On reload of the page, you'll see that the image from each child product has been added to the master, and has been automatically tagged with its variant option(s).
Here's a video showing a simple example. You can see that when the master product is saved, the new child images appear, complete with correct tags.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Third Party Costs|