In the example below, we'll create a Free Freight promo code for orders over $50, using the code 'FREEFREIGHT50'.
This page assumes you've already got the Promotion Codes feature enabled for your website.
- BPD sites: to enable Promotion Codes, go to Settings → Feature Management → Payment & Checkout, and toggle ON Promotion Codes. (See Promotion Codes help.)
- Classic sites: contact Commerce Vision to have it switched on.
To configure a Free Freight promotion:
- In the CMS, navigate to Campaigns & Promotions → Promotion Codes.
- Click the Add Promotion Code button.
- Select Promotion Type = Freight.
- Select the scenario When I spend X dollars I get free freight.
- Enter your Promotion Code (no spaces). This is what your customer enters at checkout to redeem the promo.
- Give the promotion a Description. This will be displayed in the order summary during checkout.
- Specify Start and End dates. Click the calendar icon to launch the date picker. NOTE - If start and end dates are not set, the promotion code cannot be used. An error message will display when the customer tries to apply the code during checkout.
- Enter the Discount Threshold. This is the dollar amount the customer must spend to qualify for free freight.
- Nominate the Carrier Code this promotion applies to. You can grant free freight via ALL carriers, or add one or more carriers from the dropdown list.
- Click Save & Exit.
Your free freight promotion is now ready to go! Customers who meet the minimum spend requirement can apply the promo code to their cart to receive $0 shipping.
To access Additional Options:
While in the saved promo code, navigate to Options → Edit Additional Options.
If editing an existing promo code, scroll down its page and open the collapsed Additional Options section.
- Status - the current status of the promo code
- Active: the promo code is live on your site and can be used by customers. It has not been disabled or deleted.
- Disabled: the promo code cannot be used by customers. You can switch it to 'Active'
- Deleted: the promo code is deleted from use altogether and is kept for historical records only. (NOTE - A deleted promo code can be undeleted to 'disabled' and then reactivated.)
- Criteria Fail Remove Promo Code
- ON: the promo code is automatically removed from the cart when contents get updated and promo requirements are no longer met. Users must re-enter the promo code if they want the code to be applied;
- OFF: the promo code remains in the cart when requirements are not met, If contents get updated and requirements are now met, it will be (re-)applied.
Not Applicable With Other Offers;
- ON: promo code cannot be used when other promo codes have already been applied to the order;
- OFF: promo code can be used when other promo codes have been applied to the same order.
Letting customers use more than one promotion code in an order must first be enabled by Commerce Vision. Contact CV Support and request stacked promotions to be enabled.
Free Product To Be Added in Pronto (applies only for Promo Codes that add a free product)
Click here for further details...
For Promo Codes with free products, you can choose between adding the free product online upon order submission or in the ERP (Pronto) when the order is integrated. Toggle ON or OFF Free Product To Be Added in Pronto. Default: OFF
In the order placed, received and confirmation emails, how the free product is displayed depends on the option selected.
- When OFF, the free product is added online. In the emails, the free product displays as an item with a cost of $0.00 in the product order line of your Order Summary
- When ON, the free product is added in the ERP. When you toggle ON this setting, confirm you want the free product added in the ERP.
NOTE - Scroll up to the 'Free Product' fields. The fields are now empty and disabled. The free products you previously added for this promo code still apply.
The Order Placed, Received and Confirmation emails by default will not display the free product separately in an order line in Order Summary.
To add a note line about the free product in the Order Summary section, toggle ON the 'Show Note Lines on Individual Lines?' option in the Email Order Summary widget for any applicable email template (e.g., Order Received, Order Placed, Order Confirmation). The Promotion Code and Description will be added to the Order Summary.
NOTE - For the free product and quantity to appear as an order line item in the sales receipt, they must be added to the sales order manually in Pronto after integration.
- Postcode Exclusion List - (for free freight promo codes only) If required, enter single postcodes and/or postcode ranges (each comma-separated) to exclude. Follow Australia Post's four digit conventions so a three digit code would be '0200' instead of '200'.
Include or exclude the promo code based on whether customers are B2B, B2C or both.
For versions lower than 4.31
Applied To: Select customer group: B2B, B2C or both.
For versions 4.31+
- Applied To: Select customer group: B2B, B2C or both.
- Roles: (For versions 4.31+) Specify Role(s) for the selected customer group(s) Click Add Role , then in the dropdown, select the Role. If another role is needed, repeat this step. IMPORTANT- For added Roles to be valid, they must fall under the customer group added in 'Applied To'.
- Promo active for all roles excluding the ones listed above: If OFF, the added roles can apply the promo code. If ON, the added roles cannot apply the promo code.
Limit the maximum number of times the promo code can be used. For unlimited use, leave at the default of '0'.
- User Usage Limit: limit the number of times an individual user can apply the promo code (available only if the promo code is for B2B users)
- Customer Usage Limit: limit the number of times an individual Customer Code can apply the promo code
- Global Usage Limit: limit the total number of times the promo code can be used site-wide.
- User List: (For versions 4.10+) You can also specify one or more users (comma-separated list) who can use the promotion code. NOTE - If one or more users are added, any user not in this list cannot apply the promo code to their order.
Customer list allows you to restrict a promo code to specific customer accounts.
To add a customer manually:
- In Customer Code, start typing a Customer Code, and select from the dropdown list.
- Click Add. The added Customer Code is listed below.
- Continue adding one code at a time, if needed.
- To save, click Save & Exit.
To add Customers in bulk:
- Create a CSV file with the Header 'Code' as the first column
- Populate the column with the required Customer Codes.
- Click Import Customer List.
- Follow the instructions to upload the csv file.
- Check the Import Log to ensure there are no error messages.
Default messages to users are set at the promotion code feature level. These can be overridden for a specific promotion code. Leave blank to use defaults.
- Promo Code No Longer Applies Message: Displays when the promo code previously successfully applied is no longer valid because the cart contents have changed.
- Promotion Code Error Message: Displayed when the cart contents are not eligible for the promo code, e.g., the cart value is not high enough or the minimum quantity has not been reached.
- Promotion Code Applied Message: Displayed when the cart contents are valid for the promo code.
We recommend that Promotion Codes be configured on your Stage site and thoroughly tested to ensure behaviour is as expected.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Ballpark Hours From CV (if opting for CV to complete self config component)|
|Ballpark Hours From CV (in addition to any self config required)|
|Third Party Costs|