Add a percentage or amount discount on an individual product or group of products.
- When I buy X quantity of specific product, then I can buy Y quantity of specific product at a specified price: e.g., buy 5 of product X at this set discount price
- Quantity Break Pricing: e.g., buy 5 or more of X and get a discounted price on each
- I can buy X quantity of eligible products for a set price: e.g., buy 5 products from this product range and get a set discount price
- When I buy X quantity of eligible products, then I can buy Y quantity of specific products at a percent discount: e.g., buy 5 from this product range and get 2 products from another range at 20% off
- When I buy X quantity of specific products, then I get a Y% discount on those products: e.g., buy 5 from this product range and get 20% off on them
- When I buy X quantity of eligible products, I get Y% discount on Z additional quantity: e.g., buy 5 from this product range and get 20% discount off any quantity over the 5.
- When I buy X quantity of specific products, then I get a Y% discount on those products: e.g., buy 5 from this product range and get 20% off
Regardless of which promo code you use, the fields have a standard look-and-feel and consistent logic to them. Once you can create one, you can create any others. We will use an example as a guide. We'll create a promo code for '20% off sleeping bags when you buy at least 4'.
- In the CMS, navigate to Campaigns & Promotions → Promotion Codes.
- Click Add Promotion Code.
- Select Promotion Type = Product.
- Next, decide whether your customer needs to buy a certain quantity, or spend a certain dollar amount to qualify for the discount.
Select your scenario accordingly (we'll base ours on quantity).
- Enter the Promotion Code (no spaces). This is what your customer enters at checkout to redeem the promo.
- Give the promotion a description. This will be displayed in the user's order summary during checkout.
- Specify Start and End dates. Click the calendar icon to launch the date picker.
- Enter the Discount Threshold. This is the quantity the customer must buy (or dollar amount they must spend) to qualify for the discount.
- Enter the Discount %. This is the discount the customer will receive on the specified products.
Note that for B2B scenarios, any customer-based discounts will still be honoured; this discount will be on top of that.
- Click Add and specify the products for this promo. You can specify by:
- Product - add individual stock code(s)
- Stock Group - all products belonging to a particular ERP stock group
- Category - all products in a particular category
- Click Add again to specify more products if required.
- Click Save & Exit.
Your product discount promo is now ready to go!
To access Additional Options:
While in the saved promo code, navigate to Options → Edit Additional Options.
If editing an existing promo code, scroll down its page and open the collapsed Additional Options section.
- Status - the current status of the promo code
- Active: the promo code is live on your site and can be used by customers. It has not been disabled or deleted.
- Disabled: the promo code cannot be used by customers. You can switch it to 'Active'
- Deleted: the promo code is deleted from use altogether and is kept for historical records only. (NOTE - A deleted promo code can be undeleted to 'disabled' and then reactivated.)
- Criteria Fail Remove Promo Code
- ON: the promo code is automatically removed from the cart when contents get updated and promo requirements are no longer met. Users must re-enter the promo code if they want the code to be applied;
- OFF: the promo code remains in the cart when requirements are not met, If contents get updated and requirements are now met, it will be (re-)applied.
Not Applicable With Other Offers;
- ON: promo code cannot be used when other promo codes have already been applied to the order;
- OFF: promo code can be used when other promo codes have been applied to the same order.
Letting customers use more than one promotion code in an order must first be enabled by Commerce Vision. Contact CV Support and request stacked promotions to be enabled.
Free Product To Be Added in Pronto (applies only for Promo Codes that add a free product)
Click here for further details...
For Promo Codes with free products, you can choose between adding the free product online upon order submission or in the ERP (Pronto) when the order is integrated. Toggle ON or OFF Free Product To Be Added in Pronto. Default: OFF
In the order placed, received and confirmation emails, how the free product is displayed depends on the option selected.
- When OFF, the free product is added online. In the emails, the free product displays as an item with a cost of $0.00 in the product order line of your Order Summary
- When ON, the free product is added in the ERP. When you toggle ON this setting, confirm you want the free product added in the ERP.
NOTE - Scroll up to the 'Free Product' fields. The fields are now empty and disabled. The free products you previously added for this promo code still apply.
The Order Placed, Received and Confirmation emails by default will not display the free product separately in an order line in Order Summary.
To add a note line about the free product in the Order Summary section, toggle ON the 'Show Note Lines on Individual Lines?' option in the Email Order Summary widget for any applicable email template (e.g., Order Received, Order Placed, Order Confirmation). The Promotion Code and Description will be added to the Order Summary.
NOTE - For the free product and quantity to appear as an order line item in the sales receipt, they must be added to the sales order manually in Pronto after integration.
- Postcode Exclusion List - (for free freight promo codes only) If required, enter single postcodes and/or postcode ranges (each comma-separated) to exclude. Follow Australia Post's four digit conventions so a three digit code would be '0200' instead of '200'.
Include or exclude the promo code based on whether customers are B2B, B2C or both.
For versions lower than 4.31
Applied To: Select customer group: B2B, B2C or both.
For versions 4.31+
- Applied To: Select customer group: B2B, B2C or both.
- Roles: (For versions 4.31+) Specify Role(s) for the selected customer group(s) Click Add Role , then in the dropdown, select the Role. If another role is needed, repeat this step. IMPORTANT- For added Roles to be valid, they must fall under the customer group added in 'Applied To'.
- Promo active for all roles excluding the ones listed above: If OFF, the added roles can apply the promo code. If ON, the added roles cannot apply the promo code.
Limit the maximum number of times the promo code can be used. For unlimited use, leave at the default of '0'.
- User Usage Limit: limit the number of times an individual user can apply the promo code (available only if the promo code is for B2B users)
- Customer Usage Limit: limit the number of times an individual Customer Code can apply the promo code
- Global Usage Limit: limit the total number of times the promo code can be used site-wide.
- User List: (For versions 4.10+) You can also specify one or more users (comma-separated list) who can use the promotion code. NOTE - If one or more users are added, any user not in this list cannot apply the promo code to their order.
Customer list allows you to restrict a promo code to specific customer accounts.
To add a customer manually:
- In Customer Code, start typing a Customer Code, and select from the dropdown list.
- Click Add. The added Customer Code is listed below.
- Continue adding one code at a time, if needed.
- To save, click Save & Exit.
To add Customers in bulk:
- Create a CSV file with the Header 'Code' as the first column
- Populate the column with the required Customer Codes.
- Click Import Customer List.
- Follow the instructions to upload the csv file.
- Check the Import Log to ensure there are no error messages.
Default messages to users are set at the promotion code feature level. These can be overridden for a specific promotion code. Leave blank to use defaults.
- Promo Code No Longer Applies Message: Displays when the promo code previously successfully applied is no longer valid because the cart contents have changed.
- Promotion Code Error Message: Displayed when the cart contents are not eligible for the promo code, e.g., the cart value is not high enough or the minimum quantity has not been reached.
- Promotion Code Applied Message: Displayed when the cart contents are valid for the promo code.
We recommend that Promotion Codes be configured on your Stage site and thoroughly tested to ensure behaviour is as expected.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Third Party Costs|