Encourage repeat business with a "thank you" promotion code. Once your customer buys the required minimum, they'll not only receive a % discount on the promotional product, but they'll also get a NEW promo code emailed to them.
This means they can return to purchase more of the same products at the promotional price, without having to meet the minimum quantity again.
- You specify the product(s), the discount, and the minimum qty required.
- You spread the word about your nifty new promo.
- Your customer purchases the required quantity of eligible product(s), and applies the promo code at checkout.
- Your customer receives an order confirmation email as usual, but this one includes a thank you message and a new, randomly-generated promo code!
- The new code entitles your customer to the same discount on the same products, but they don't have to purchase the minimum quantity they bought the first time around.
- Your customer becomes a happy, repeat customer.
The repeating discount promotion is no trickier to set up than a normal product discount promo. The only difference is the ability to specify the number of days the repeat code is valid for.
You can either set the second promo code to be valid until the main promotion expires, or have the second code only valid for a set number of days from the customer's first order.
Follow this guide to set-up your own repeating promo code.
Please be aware that there are also additional advanced options that you can configure for promotions. They become available after the promo is created. You'll find info on these under Advanced Options, later in this article.
- In the CMS, navigate to Campaigns & Promotions → Promotion Codes.
- Click Add Promotion Code.
- Select the promotion type: Product.
- Once the available scenarios are displayed, select the 'Repeat Product % Discount' scenario.
- Enter the Promotion Code your customers will use at checkout.
- Enter a Description. This will be displayed in the users cart and on their order summary.
- Set the promotion's Start and End Dates.
- Days Repeat Codes are Valid For
- To have repeat promo codes expire when the main code does, leave this field at the default value (0).
- To set a shorter usage window, enter the number of valid days for the repeat code. Keep in mind that once the main code expires, so will the repeat code, even if the specified number of days hasn't passed.
- Enter the Discount Quantity Threshold. This is the minimum product number your customer must purchase to be eligible for the initial promotion.
- Enter the Discount %. This is the discount they'll receive on the promotional products.
- Define the Eligible Products, searching by either description or code. (Once you click 'Add', the description will be replaced by the code only).
You can add products by:
- Individual Product
- Stock Group
.. or a combination of the above.
- Click Save & Exit to finish creating your promo code.
And that's it! Get the word out about your amazing new promotion, sit back, and watch the orders roll in.
When your customers redeem this promo code on an order, they'll receive the new, randomly-generated Thank You code on their Order Confirmation email.
To update the message text in the email to your customer, navigate to Content → Emails. Select the Order Confirmation Email template, and Edit the 'Order Confirmation Promotional Code' widget.
Edit the text as required, but be sure to keep the placeholders which display the repeat promo's End Date, Code, and Description.
To access Additional Options:
While in the saved promo code, navigate to Options → Edit Additional Options.
If editing an existing promo code, scroll down its page and open the collapsed Additional Options section.
- Status - the current status of the promo code
- Active: the promo code is live on your site and can be used by customers. It has not been disabled or deleted.
- Disabled: the promo code cannot be used by customers. You can switch it to 'Active'
- Deleted: the promo code is deleted from use altogether and is kept for historical records only. (NOTE - A deleted promo code can be undeleted to 'disabled' and then reactivated.)
- Criteria Fail Remove Promo Code
- ON: the promo code is automatically removed from the cart when contents get updated and promo requirements are no longer met. Users must re-enter the promo code if they want the code to be applied;
- OFF: the promo code remains in the cart when requirements are not met, If contents get updated and requirements are now met, it will be (re-)applied.
Not Applicable With Other Offers;
- ON: promo code cannot be used when other promo codes have already been applied to the order;
- OFF: promo code can be used when other promo codes have been applied to the same order.
Letting customers use more than one promotion code in an order must first be enabled by Commerce Vision. Contact CV Support and request stacked promotions to be enabled.
Free Product To Be Added in Pronto (applies only for Promo Codes that add a free product)
Click here for further details...
For Promo Codes with free products, you can choose between adding the free product online upon order submission or in the ERP (Pronto) when the order is integrated. Toggle ON or OFF Free Product To Be Added in Pronto. Default: OFF
In the order placed, received and confirmation emails, how the free product is displayed depends on the option selected.
- When OFF, the free product is added online. In the emails, the free product displays as an item with a cost of $0.00 in the product order line of your Order Summary
- When ON, the free product is added in the ERP. When you toggle ON this setting, confirm you want the free product added in the ERP.
NOTE - Scroll up to the 'Free Product' fields. The fields are now empty and disabled. The free products you previously added for this promo code still apply.
The Order Placed, Received and Confirmation emails by default will not display the free product separately in an order line in Order Summary.
To add a note line about the free product in the Order Summary section, toggle ON the 'Show Note Lines on Individual Lines?' option in the Email Order Summary widget for any applicable email template (e.g., Order Received, Order Placed, Order Confirmation). The Promotion Code and Description will be added to the Order Summary.
NOTE - For the free product and quantity to appear as an order line item in the sales receipt, they must be added to the sales order manually in Pronto after integration.
- Postcode Exclusion List - (for free freight promo codes only) If required, enter single postcodes and/or postcode ranges (each comma-separated) to exclude. Follow Australia Post's four digit conventions so a three digit code would be '0200' instead of '200'.
Include or exclude the promo code based on whether customers are B2B, B2C or both.
For versions lower than 4.31
Applied To: Select customer group: B2B, B2C or both.
For versions 4.31+
- Applied To: Select customer group: B2B, B2C or both.
- Roles: (For versions 4.31+) Specify Role(s) for the selected customer group(s) Click Add Role , then in the dropdown, select the Role. If another role is needed, repeat this step. IMPORTANT- For added Roles to be valid, they must fall under the customer group added in 'Applied To'.
- Promo active for all roles excluding the ones listed above: If OFF, the added roles can apply the promo code. If ON, the added roles cannot apply the promo code.
Limit the maximum number of times the promo code can be used. For unlimited use, leave at the default of '0'.
- User Usage Limit: limit the number of times an individual user can apply the promo code (available only if the promo code is for B2B users)
- Customer Usage Limit: limit the number of times an individual Customer Code can apply the promo code
- Global Usage Limit: limit the total number of times the promo code can be used site-wide.
- User List: (For versions 4.10+) You can also specify one or more users (comma-separated list) who can use the promotion code. NOTE - If one or more users are added, any user not in this list cannot apply the promo code to their order.
Customer list allows you to restrict a promo code to specific customer accounts.
To add a customer manually:
- In Customer Code, start typing a Customer Code, and select from the dropdown list.
- Click Add. The added Customer Code is listed below.
- Continue adding one code at a time, if needed.
- To save, click Save & Exit.
To add Customers in bulk:
- Create a CSV file with the Header 'Code' as the first column
- Populate the column with the required Customer Codes.
- Click Import Customer List.
- Follow the instructions to upload the csv file.
- Check the Import Log to ensure there are no error messages.
Default messages to users are set at the promotion code feature level. These can be overridden for a specific promotion code. Leave blank to use defaults.
- Promo Code No Longer Applies Message: Displays when the promo code previously successfully applied is no longer valid because the cart contents have changed.
- Promotion Code Error Message: Displayed when the cart contents are not eligible for the promo code, e.g., the cart value is not high enough or the minimum quantity has not been reached.
- Promotion Code Applied Message: Displayed when the cart contents are valid for the promo code.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Third Party Costs|