Quote without approver
1. After adding products, the user goes to cart and selects Request Quote. (By default, if quoting is enabled, the Request Quote button displays as a Cart Button. You can also add a Cart Quote navigation button anywhere on the page.)
2. The user confirms they want to go ahead with the quote request.
3. A successful quote is confirmed on the Quote Confirmation page.
The Quote Confirmation Template can be edited. (Content → Pages & Templates → Quote Confirmation Template)
4. A quote confirmation email is automatically sent to the user. An alert is sent to the email address assigned to receive quote notifictions in the ERP.
5. Your sales team reviews the quote, makes any changes or adds shipping, then converts it into a sales order, and sends it back to be reintegrated online.
5.The user receives an alert that the checked quote can be accessed on the Quote Review page.
6. On the Quote Review page, the user and other users in the customer account with a valid Role can:
- view the quote
- forward it to other email addresses
- enter comments against it
- cancel it
- request an expired quote to be reactivated
- download a PDF copy
- accept the quote and convert it to an order.
Standard & Approved quote with Approver
The Standard and Approved mode is integrated to the Approvals feature. When set up for a customer or user, an over budget limit quote can only be converted to an order after acceptance by a valid approver. See: Order Approvals.
1. Once the quote has been reintegrated online, the quote requester accepts the quote and starts checking out. On the last checkout page, the Select Approver dropdown appears. Where there are more than one valid approver, the user can select one.
2. The user selects an approver, then clicks Process Order.
3. A quote confirmation email is automatically sent to the user. An alert is sent to the email address nominated in the ERP to receive quote submission notifications.
Configure Standard and Approved mode
In the CMS, go to Settings → Feature Management → Payment & Checkout → Quotes.
Ensure Quotes is toggled ON, then click Configure.
In Quote Mode Selection, select 'Standard And Approved'.
The quote search comes with default fields. To add other fields, in Quote Search Custom Field List, add the required fields. Leave blank if not needed.
(Optional) In Quote Request Submitted Message, edit the confirmation message displayed to the user after submitting a quote.
The Expired Quote Usage Request Email button goes to the email template used when a user asks for an expired quote to be re-activated. There, the email message can be edited. See: Expired Quote Usage Request Email Information Widget.
The Edit Website Users button goes to the Website Users function. This allows you to look up users to check and edit user budgets.
The Edit Quote Cancelled Reasons button goes to the Quote Cancelled Reason Maintenance page. There, quote cancellation reasons can be added, edited and deleted. A user must select a reason when they want to delete a quote.
Maintain Quote Cancellation Reasons
To add a reason:
Click the Add New Quote Cancellation Reason button.
In Add Quote Cancelled Reason, set the options:
Is active: toggle ON for this reason to be available to users
Code: a unique Id code for this reason
Description: description of reason (displays to the user)
In Task Options, set options for the scheduled task that sends the expiring soon email. NOTE - The expiry date is integrated from your ERP.
Number of days before quote expires to send email: enter the number of days before the expiration date to send a reminder email,
Date/time to start running scheduled task?: enter the date and time the scheduled task starts.
Minimum Version Requirements
Third Party Costs