If you maintain your product and category structure online rather than in the ERP, there are two ways you can add/edit products to categories:
- Product Maintenance → Maintain Product page for the product and add one or more categories, OR
- Category Maintenance → select the category and add one or more products to it.
(1) is most suitable for adding categories to one product and (2), for adding many products to a single category. This article outlines (1). For method 2, see: Maintain Product Category in Category Maintenance.
For a guide on product maintenance settings, see: Product Maintenance.
Before You Begin
Make sure Category Maintenance is set to Online mode.
- In the CMS, go to Settings → Settings → Feature Management → Products & Categories (or search for Category Maintenance in Feature Management).
- Make sure Online Category Maintenance is toggled ON, then click Configure.
- Ensure Enable Online Category Maintenance is ON.
- Click Save & Exit.
Add Product to Category
- In the CMS, go to Ecommerce → Products & Categories → Product Maintenance.
- Search for the product you wish to add and click Edit.
- Scroll to the Categories section of the maintenance page.
- Click Add Category
- Type the category name or code and select it from the suggestions.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 to add this product to additional categories if required.
- Use the radio buttons to assign or change the primary category for the product (this will appear in the product's breadcrumb and be used for SEO).
- Click Save or Save and Exit.
Here's an example:
Once you've added products to the category, you'll need to clear the Product Cache in order for the products to show on the web. This is done in the CMS via Settings → Cache Management.
Clearing this cache can take quite some time, so it's best to ensure you've made all your changes first!
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Third Party Costs|