This feature must first be switched on for your site by Commerce Vision.
Release Payments allows authorised users to search for any order to check payment and manually change its payment status to and from Approved/Failed. The system will automatically update the order's status based on the change. NOTE - A payment status cannot be changed if the order has been integrated. You can also use Release Payments to add a transaction or receipt reference or note against a payment, e.g., receipt reference number.
- Check payment details for any placed order
- Approve or fail a payment (except when the order has been integrated)
- Enter a note against a payment, e.g., official receipt number
- Update the order based on changed payment status (unless order has been integrated)
Example Use Cases
- Approve held bank transfer orders, e.g., EFT, BPay payments, when payments reach your bank account
- Approve or reject payment not automatically updated by the system for any reason
- Approve or reject a 'stuck' order - finalise completed or failed payment to update order status accordingly
- Add the official transaction reference against a payment made but with missing receipt number
When the Release Payments page is first loaded, orders placed in the last 72 hours with the following statuses are automatically listed:
- Held - orders placed on hold awaiting special payment release, e.g., payment type needs manual release or payment confirmation has not been received
- In progress - orders awaiting automated release
- Failed - orders marked with a failed payment status
Use the Search to find any order by receipt or invoice number regardless of payment status.
1. Check Release Payments enabled
When Release Payments is enabled, you can access the feature from Ecommerce → Orders → Release Payments. To check it has been enabled:
- In the CMS, go to Settings → Settings → Feature Management → Payment & Checkout.
- Check Release Payments is ON. (If disabled, contact Commerce Vision.)
2. Find a payment
Payments for orders placed within the last 72 hours are displayed. But any payment for any order can be found with Search.
Orders that previously held an incomplete status but are now completed or rejected are not automatically displayed in the list but can be found by Invoice Number.
- In the CMS, go to Ecommerce → Orders → Release Payments.
- The Release Payments page automatically loads payments for orders placed in the last 72 hours with the incomplete payment status of 'In Progress' or 'On hold'.
3. Search for any order or payment
An order or payment can be found by Receipt Number or Invoice Number. In Search, enter either, then click the Search button.
4. Approve an order payment
If an order has not been integrated, the payment can be set to Approved (completed). Completed payment will release the order for processing. NOTE - If an order has been paid with more than one payment, all payments must be completed for the order to be released.
- Find the payment you want to approve either in the list or by using the Search tool.
- To approve the payment, click the Approve button for the order.
- In the 'Approve Payment' box, enter any bank transaction details and note (required) on the change. NOTE - 'Bank Authorisation' is not displayed in Release Payments but 'Bank Receipt Details is displayed under its own column.
- Click Confirm. A popup message confirms the payment status change was successful. Notice the order's Payment Status has changed to 'Successful Authentication and Payment':
Approve Multiple Orders in One Go
To batch approve multiple payments that are listed:
1. Tick each box for the payments to approve
2. Click the Approve Payments button at the bottom of the screen
3. Confirm approval of all selected orders. Check the popup message for successful changes.
5. Reject (fail) an order's payment
If an order has not been integrated, the payment can be set to Rejected (failed). Failed payment will cancel the order. NOTE - If an order has been paid with more than one payment, all payments must be failed to cancel the order.
- Find the payment you want to fail either in the list or by using the Search tool.
- Click the Reject button for the payment.
- In Reject Payments, enter a note for the change (required), then click Confirm.
- Check the popup message confirms the payment has been updated.
Check the Payment Status for the order has changed to 'Failed':
Reject Multiple Orders in One Go
To batch reject multiple orders listed:
1. Tick the box next to all payments you want to reject
2. Click the Reject Payments button at the bottom of the page.
3. Confirm rejection of all selected orders.