An email notification can be sent to users when their orders have shipped. The standard shipped email template allows customisation to include or exclude a range of information, e.g., whether to show customer delivery comments and instructions and display backordered items separately. The email message text can also be edited.
Administrators can enable Order Shipped notifications by completing these three processes:
- Update Order Shipped System Settings
- Update Integrator Settings
- Customise the Order Shipped Email Template
1. Update the Order Shipped System Settings
- In the CMS, navigate to Settings → Settings (/zSettings.aspx).
- Click Orders.
- Click Order Conclusion.
- Tick Enable sending an order shipped email.
- In Order Shipped Email Template, select Order Shipped Email Template.
- To save changes, click Update.
2. Update the Integrator Settings
- Open the Integrator client.
Click the Settings icon.
Select the Advanced tab.
Enter the ERP (Pronto) status code in the field labelled Order Shipped Statuses (generally status 80).
Stop, then restart the Integrator. (See Integrator - Stop and Start for instructions)
3. Customise the Order Shipped Email Template
This procedure allows you to configure and edit the shipped email message.
- In the CMS, navigate to Content → Emails.
- Find the Order Shipped Email template, and click Edit.
Configure, add, or disable widgets as required. (The standard widgets that render this email message are automatically included.) You can refer to each widget's guide for all possible configurations but here is a list of commonly adjusted features:
Include/exclude Widget Example
- User Order Comments
Email Order Comments
- Delivery Instructions
- Authority to Leave
Email Delivery Instructions
- Separate GST column
Email Order Summary
Display GST amount in a separate column.
- Backordered items separately
Email Order Summary
For orders that are partially shipped due to backordered items, the email can display backordered items separately.
In this scenario, the Order Summary total will display the total amount of items shipped rather than the whole order line amount.
The Summary Grid for the order will also not be included.
NOTE - This feature is available for versions 4.31+
NOTE - Relevant widgets are listed at the bottom of this page.
- When you have finished editing the template, you can send yourself a test email. At the top right of the page, click 'Test Email...' . The sales order number needs to be valid and have the correct status.