Customer Self Service's Click & Collect functionality allows users to order products online and collect them at a store location convenient to them. Click & Collect can be a valuable sales driver, as it allows the customer to avoid shipping costs and receive their order on the same day in some cases.
Each business will have different requirements, thus consultation with Commerce Vision may be necessary in order to configure your site correctly.
Table of Contents
- Store Locator
- My Store
- System Settings
- Quick Reference Guide (icons & messages)
Implementation and Maintenance
1. Store Locator
Before Click & Collect can be implemented, a Store Locator must be populated with valid pickup locations. Refer to this guide for instructions - Pickup Warehouses / Store Locator.
2. My Store
With Click & Collect, the user can set their pickup location ('My Store') at any time during their visit. Setting a preferred store allows the pickup availability to be displayed to the user. If the user changes their pickup store, the availability will be re-calculated and the page will refresh with changes.
Widget placement - Store Availability Locator
- Add the 'Store Availability Locator' widget to a header zone of the Theme Layout template. This places it in the site's header area, making it accessible to the user during browsing and searching.
- Add the widget to the main zone of the Cart template. This allows the user to change pickup locations during checkout.
Site header (Theme Layout) widget placement Shopping Cart widget placement
3. System Settings
There are several system settings to configure for Click & Collect. These can be found in the CMS under 'Settings' --> 'Settings'.
Enable Click & Collect
'Enable Store Availability Click And Collect' - toggles the functionality on / off. Tick to enable.
Product availability icons can be displayed on the product detail page, the shopping cart, and the product list page (examples of the product list page include search results, a product category, and the My Favourites page).
Products may show a different availability status for delivery vs pickup, as the customer's default warehouse is always used to calculate delivery availability. A B2B user who switches to another account may see different delivery availability if the new account code has a different default warehouse.
Availability calculations will be specific to each site's implementation, but in all cases a product buffer may be employed. This adds a safety net to the availability logic, accounting for stocktake errors, for example. The buffer value is subtracted from the available quantity, for both Delivery and Pickup. The buffer can be set at the system level or by warehouse location override.
A Product List with availability icons
The following System Settings define stock levels for availability calculations. Set the value for these in the CMS under 'Settings' --> 'Settings'.
Click And Collect Product Availability Buffer - this value is subtracted from the available quantity, for both Delivery and Pickup. The system level buffer is the fallback value, which can be overridden at a warehouse level. Example: PRONTO calculates 10 available for sale, the product buffer of 2 is deducted, so there are 8 available for sale.
- Click And Collect Pickup Available Qty - if available stock in user's pickup warehouse ≥ this value (after buffer), the product = 'Available for Pickup'.
- Click And Collect Delivery Available Qty - if available stock in user's default delivery warehouse ≥ this value (after buffer), the product = 'Available for Delivery'.
- Click And Collect Pickup Call Qty (Low Stock, Call to Order) - if available stock in user's pickup warehouse is less than the 'Pickup Available Qty' value, but ≥ this value (after buffer), the product = 'Low Stock - Call to Order'.
Available stock values for each product are drawn from the ProntoStockWarehouse table. Available stock = 'QtyOnHand' minus 'QtyCommitted' for the specified warehouse.
- Order Restrictions
Define how orders containing 'unavailable' or special products are handled at checkout. You may choose to take the order even when the product is unavailable, or prevent checkout if backorders are not permitted.
Order Restriction fields can be set to: YES (Always allow) / NO (Never allow) / DEFAULT (Standard behaviour as per existing business rules).
- Click And Collect Can Order If Deliv Unavailable - the delivery order contains a product which is 'Unavailable for Delivery'
- Click And Collect Can Order If Deliv Spec Ord Item - the delivery order contains a product which has no Pronto Stock Warehouse record, and is therefore 'Special Order'.
- Click And Collect Can Order If Deliv Indent Item - the delivery order contains a product classed as 'Indent'
- Click And Collect Can Order if Pickup Low Stock - the pickup order contains a product which is 'Low Stock - Call to Order'
- Click And Collect Can Order If Pickup Unavailable - the pickup order contains a product which is 'Unavailable for Pickup'
- Click And Collect Can Order if Pickup Indent Item - the pickup order contains a product classed as 'Indent'
Check Other Stores
This allows the user to check product availability at nearby store locations. On the Product Detail and Cart pages, the 'Check Other Stores' button will display.
This button launches a pop-up window showing the pickup availability of the product at stores close to the user's 'My Store' location. Only nearby stores with stock available will appear in this pop-up - if there are no locations within X kilometres, a message will display to indicate that no nearby stores have stock available.
- Enable Nearby Stores Availability for Products - tick to enable Check Other Stores functionality
Store Location Max Distance for Alternate Stores - sets the max distance from the user's currently selected store (system defaults to 50km if no value is set)
Button on Product Detail page Availability pop-up for Nearby Stores
- Delivery Availability Display Mode
Determines whether delivery availability is based on the user's default delivery warehouse (standard), or includes transfer zones.
'Store Avail Click and Collect Deliv Display Mode' should be set to either:
'Pronto Stock Warehouse Transfer Zone Field' - set to 'TransferZone' if using Transfer Zone display mode, otherwise leave at 'Please Select'.
- Standard - delivery availability is calculated per the method outlined in Step 2.
- Transfer Zone - delivery availability takes into account nearby warehouses in the same 'transfer zone' group. If stock is present and can be transferred for delivery, the product will display an 'X - X days to delivery' status, depending on core logic vs transfer stock. (Contact Commerce Vision for more detailed information on this option)
- Email Settings
Pickup orders trigger an email to the user once their order is ready for collection. This notification is the equivalent of the Order Shipped email for Delivery orders.
Order Status for Shipped Pickup Ready - defines the PRONTO status that will indicate a pickup order is ready to collect.
Order Shipped Pickup Ready Email Template - defines the email template used when an order has reached Pickup Ready status and the Integrator triggers the 'Pickup Ready' email to the user. The default template is called 'Order Shipped Pickup Ready'. You can edit this template via 'Content' --> 'Emails'.
Don't forget to add the 'Order Status for Shipped Pickup Ready' to the list of 'Order shipped statuses' in the Integrator Advanced Settings. See Integrator Settings - Advanced for information.
- Google Merchant Settings
- 'Store Location Google Api Maps Uri' - set to https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=
- 'Google API Key' - populate with the website's unique API key.
Wording on the following widgets may be customised as required. Widget template locations are noted for each.
'My Store' interface
Location 1 - Theme Layout template Location 2 - Cart template
Availability Icons - Text & Tooltips
- Product List Click & Collect widget (for Campaigns/Search Results/Browsing/Favourites)
Product Purchase Details widget (also includes 'Check Other Stores' messaging)
Location - Product Detail template
Order Line Click & Collect widget (for shopping cart lines)
Location - Order Lines Info template
Order Line Click & Collect Static widget (for Order Confirmation page, IF you choose to display availability here)
Location - Order Lines Static Info template
Quick Reference Guide
The below table outlines calculation logic and resulting (default) icons + messaging displayed to the user in different scenarios. These examples are based on a site using the Standard delivery display method.
|Pickup - Available||Stock in selected store ≥ Pickup Available Qty + Buffer||Available for Pickup||Available for Pickup|
|Pickup - Low Stock||Stock in selected store ≥ Pickup Call Qty + Buffer||Low Stock - Call To Order||Low Stock - Call To Order|
|Pickup - No Stock||Stock in selected store < Pickup Call Qty + Buffer||Unavailable for Pickup||Unavailable for Pickup|
|Pickup - Indent||Stock type 'I'||Call To Order||Call To Order|
|Delivery - Available||Stock in default warehouse ≥ Delivery Available Qty + Buffer||Available for Delivery||Available for Delivery|
|Delivery - No Stock||Stock in default warehouse < Delivery Available Qty + Buffer||Unavailable for Delivery||Unavailable for Delivery|
|Delivery - Indent||Stock type 'I'||Call To Order||Call To Order|
|Delivery - Special Order||The product has no Pronto Stock Warehouse records, so availability can't be calculated.||Special Order||Special Order|
|Store Not Set||The user has not set 'My Store', so pickup availability can't be calculated.||Not Set||Not Set|
Keep in mind that actual icons will vary by site design, and Wording / Tooltip values are completely configurable in the CMS.
|Minimum Version Requirements|
|Ballpark Hours From CV (if opting for CV to complete self config component)|
Contact CV Support
|Ballpark Hours From CV (in addition to any self config required)|
Contact CV Support
|Third Party Costs|